28 February 2007

Slumber Party

It has been such a busy week that I haven't had a moment to even think about blogging until now.  I had a fantastic time away with three of my best friends this past weekend.  What did we do?  We talked, colored each other's hair (I just did highlights this time), talked, went out to eat and sat for as long as we wanted to without anyone interrupting us, talked, scrapbooked, talked, painted our nails, watched several chick flicks, talked some more, and we stayed up all night on Friday.  Seriously!  You would think we were teenagers.  I think a girl loves a good slumber party no matter how old she is.  Actually, I think a mommy needs a good slumber party now and then.  We had a blast!
It was so nice to hang out together.  We don't get to do this nearly often enough now that only two of the four of us are in the same community.  It made me miss New York so much.  We loved living there.  We loved the church, our friends, the community, and the area in general.  The Finger Lakes are so gorgeous!  Anyway, it is a place that I will always love to visit and will always hold a special place in my heart.  Afterall, both of my babies were born there!
The funny thing about this trip is that in all of our conversation, we never ran out of things to talk about.  In fact, I have since thought of things that I forgot to tell them or that we could have talked about if we had more time.  Is that not crazy?
I came back from Erie feeling refreshed.  I missed my family terribly and couldn't wait to get snuggles and kisses from my little ones.  Truth be told, they are Daddy's kids, so when they actually have the opportunity to miss me, it feels good to have all that affection showered upon me for a change!  I needed this trip so much.  I needed to talk.  I needed to listen.  I needed to know that my girlfriends were going to make it, and I needed them to know that I am always here for them no matter the distance.
I only have a couple of confessions to make about the weekend.  1-Our room smelled like something died in it after all that hair coloring and nail polishing.  Yuck.  I felt so bad for the person who had to clean our smelly room.  Plus, we didn't even think about what we might do to those nice white hotel towels with the hair coloring.  2- I was gone for an entire weekend and only completed 8 pages in my scrapbook.  How sad is that!  It doesn't matter though.  I had a mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually refreshing weekend.  I think we all did.  It was exactly what we all needed right now.  I can't wait until next year!
So, I am a better wife and mama because I took some time away for myself, and I don't regret it at all.  I may be the only one of the four of us who can admit that I don't really feel guilty for going either.  I loved every second of it.  As I said, I missed my family, and I was ready to return to their loving arms.  I couldn't wait to see them when I got home, but at the same time, I feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and recharged!  It's a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment