19 April 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #40

Outside my window...the kids are enjoying this beautiful spring day!

I am thinking...  that this has been a good school year.

I am thankful for... health care coverage for my children.
I am wearing... chocolate brown yoga pants, peach cotton shirt.

I am remembering... how great it feels to do a full workout.

I am creating... flyers. Anyone know of more places I can post flyers for music lessons, photo sessions, cake decorating, or summer tutoring? Anyone want music lessons, photo sessions, cakes or summer tutoring?

I am going... crazy. I wish I wasn't, but I fear I might have surpassed the end of my rope this time.

I am reading... Who Owns the Sun? by Stacy Chbosky, and I shed a few tears.
 
I am hoping... for a peaceful afternoon and evening.

On my mind... my attitude problems, Lukas' sinus infection, Eric's new temporary job that starts next week, Eric getting his dream job that will not be temporary, failure, getting everything done during the next couple of very busy weeks, the fact that I feel like I need a vacation but know that I really just want one because none of us really need to get away like that, buying spring clothes and shoes for my kids, catching up the laundry and cleaning the house when I can barely stand long enough to cook a meal, making ends meet with an impossible budget...to say that I'm a little overwhelmed right now would be an understatement.

From the learning rooms... multi-digit multiplication for Lukas, telling time for Ava and catching up on Geography and Science since last week wasn't very productive.

Noticing that... when I forget to rely on the Lord to meet my needs, I become a very different person.

From the kitchen... pork fried rice using a recipe given to me by my Uncle Darren's wife, Marilou, who is from the Philippines. It's a pretty healthy recipe that is going to make an easy dinner tonight since the pork is leftover from a crockpot meal we had the other day!
Around the house... not much. I'm cooking this week. I'm not ready to do much more than that, but I'm trying to do a little more each day. Wow, does my floor need to be visited by the vacuum cleaner!!!

One of my favorite things... feeling loved.

Praying for...my attitude and all the things that are overwhelming me right now (see "On my Mind" above), for the antibiotic Lukas is starting this evening to knock this sinus infection out of him so that he can get back to feeling normal and energetic again, for my friend's shoulder to heal so that she can be without pain and get back to feeling normal again.

A Lyric or two... I know I've posted this before, but here it is again. It's what I need to be singing today...


I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands








A verse to share... Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9


A few plans for the week... loving my children, teaching school, reading, taking Lukas to Barnes and Noble at the Lennox on Saturday for the poetry fest where he will get to read his poems which he entered into their contest, and a skating party for one of Ava's friends on Sunday afternoon.

A Picture thought...
                 Loving on my sweet niece, Maia.

For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook, CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment