24 May 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #45


Outside my window...it is a gloriously sunny, warm day. LOVE this summery weather!
 
I am thinking...  that we all need to look for what is good in other people and focus on it (this is exactly what I have just said to my children).

I am thankful for... Eric's birthday. Without it, I would not have him. Happy Birthday loving husband!
 
I am wearing... khaki capris and an aqua top.

I am remembering... junior high (and not with fondness).

I am creating... celebration plans.

I am going... to enjoy the outdoors this summer as soon as my back heals.
 
I am reading... .The chapter of Creative Correction which is titled "Sibling Conflict."
 
I am hoping...  for restoration.

On my mind... relationships. Still.

From the learning rooms...  Australia, islands, subraction, multiplying w/multiple digits and a post-test for Explode the Code, which I don't think we're going to bother with next year (maybe).

Noticing that... I can't fix things even when I wish I could. It isn't always within my power to do so.

From the kitchen... meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes, corn on the cob and banana split pie for dessert. It's Eric's birthday meal.
 
Around the house... not much is happening.

One of my favorite things... sunshine.

Praying for... the right choices.

A Lyric or two... 


Hey now, this is my desire,
Consume me like a fire
Cause I just want, 
Something beautiful,
To touch me,
I know that I'm in reach
Cause I am down on my knees
I'm waiting for something beautiful.

 


A verse to share... "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me." Isaiah 49:15-16

A few plans for the week... celebrating Eric's b-day, normal activity schedule, a doctor's appointment, school and enjoying the sunshiny weather.


A picture thought..


For more info or to get involved by writing your own Simple Woman's Daybook, CLICK HERE.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment