18 June 2010

The People we Need

I've had the opportunity to talk with or hear from several women this week with whom I am close, friends, mentors, a couple women from whom wisdom pours. God designed us to need each other, don't you think? I know some people disagree with that. I remember someone telling me in college that he could never allow himself to think that he needed his girlfriend (and would never tell her such a thing either) because he only truly needed God. I get it. Really, I understand the core of what he was saying. BUT...I believe God created Eve for Adam for a reason, and he allowed them to begin procreating not because He needed help taking care of the earth (oh the audacity of that line of thought!) but because we are designed to have relationships. I love that. I love that God made us that way, and so I'm glad that God has blessed me with some wonderful women in my life with whom I have had the opportunity to build relationships.

God reminded me how much He cares for me through these people in my life. Maybe I don't "need" these people as my friend in college thought, but God definitely used several of them to redirect my thoughts and bless my socks off. I'm willing to say that I need them. Yep. Sure do. I need uplifting, caring women in my life to help keep my batteries charged.

Last night, I had the privilege of chatting on-line with my little sister. The thing about my sister is that she doesn't sugar coat things. She encouraged me while at the same time saying things that I needed to hear that made me think about the choices I've been making and the thoughts with which I've been wrestling. I was more honest with her than almost anyone else. It was a blessing to hear what she had to say. I love knowing that we have become sisters in Christ now that we are adults rather than just sisters by blood. 

Today, my sister posted a link to an Oswald Chamber's devotional. It was clearly  meant for me today(which is why she posted it), and I firmly believe that the chat I had with Cassie last night followed by this specific devotional today was orchestrated by God. Here's my favorite part, "If you debate for even one second when God has spoken, it is all over for you. Never start to say, 'Well, I wonder if He really did speak to me?' Be reckless immediately— totally unrestrained and willing to risk everything— by casting your all upon Him." Isn't that fantastic? Read it, friends. Here's the LINK. It'll be worth the 2 minutes it takes you to read through it. I promise. I am so grateful that Cassie posted it for me. It was exactly what I needed to hear. 

I plan to be reckless, unrestrained and willing to risk everything.

I love Jesus. 

I love the way He chooses to speak to us...even when we're trying to run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment