22 June 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #49

Outside my window...it is a glorious summer night!

I am thinking...  thoughts of nostalgia.

I am thankful for... a three hour phone conversation with one of my dearest friends with whom I have shared 23 years of friendship. It's amazing how God planned for her to be a part of my life. We are perfectly matched for life-long friendship.
 
I am wearing... brown shorts and a green top.

I am remembering... watching the first Toy Story movie a bazillion times with my cousin, Brian, who was 4 when it came out on VHS. I didn't understand then, but I understand now.

I am creating... a slower pace.

I am going... to celebrate my 12th anniversary with my amazing husband this weekend.
 
I am reading... .very little right now. I've got to pick something soon.
 
I am hoping... for continued prayers to be whispered on my behalf.
 
On my mind... bills and the stress weighing down my husband.

From the learning rooms...  ummm...yeah. I should think about that this week. Art. Reading. Math. Piano music drifts up my stairs each day. I'm just not sure of the specifics right now. It's summer. I do much less planning.

Noticing that... my outlook has changed a little for the better in the past week.

From the kitchen... enough potato salad to feed an army, pineapple cheesecake bars, heath bar cake, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, burgers, dogs....we had a Father's Day picnic. The only thing left over is the army's potato salad (and I almost didn't make those cookies!!! Good thing I did!).
 
Around the house... everything is CLEAN (except for my bedroom and the laundry, which is never-ending).

One of my favorite things... days like today during which we are mostly home together and loving life and time with the four of us.

Praying for... joy and peace.

A Lyric or two...


I raise my hand,
Bow my head,
I'm finding more and more truth,
In the words written in red.
They tell me that there's more to life,
Than just what I can see,
Oh, I believe!



A verse to share... Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" Matthew 14:31


A few plans for the week... ministering at a Neighborhood Bible Club, hanging out with a friend and her kids, a super cool Splash Blast at church on Friday and two days at home alone with my HOT husband while the kids stay at Grandma's. Happy Anniversary to us!



A picture thought..
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment