12 July 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook #52

Outside my window...children are splashing, scootering, skating, chasing, climbing, swinging, pretending and more (and since I started writing this, I can add playing in the pouring rain to the list).

I am thinking...  that this post marks 1 year of posting daybooks.

I am thankful for... the change of heart God has orchestrated in me.
 
I am wearing... chocolate brown shorts and an aqua tank.

I am remembering... junior high, and not with even the slightest amount of fondness.

I am creating... camping plans for this weekend.

I am going... to pitch our tent in my parents' back yard this weekend.
 
I am reading... .Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice...still.
 
I am hoping... for so many things right now. God will provide for all our needs!
 
On my mind... truthfully, my mind is functioning at a decreased capacity today. This ear infection/sinus cold is kicking my butt and my brain.

From the learning rooms...  not. a. thing. Slacker mom needs a refreshing break, but, when you have developed a lifestyle of learning, I'm pretty sure it's all good.

Noticing that... the people who see us ministering and know our hearts are some of the most supportive and encouraging people in our lives right now.

From the kitchen... I'm not sure. I was thinking Eric would grill burgers and corn tonight, but I'm not sure the weather is going to hold up for that. It's getting darker by the minute, so it may be time to start thinking about plan B. Chops, baked potatoes and a veggie maybe? I'm keeping it simple. Nothing extraordinary takes place in the kitchen when I'm feeling dizzy and sick.

Around the house... carpenter ants are dying. Our landlord exterminated on Saturday. Yay!

One of my favorite things... Ava's long curls. They're a lot of work to manage, but I just can't imagine her with short hair yet. She's beautiful, and she has gorgeous hair.

Praying for... God to continue to make our path clear and to show us His continued plan for our life.

A Lyric or two...
  I can't quite find this GCCN style, but it's one of my all-time favorites. Singing it yesterday in church was glorious. It says everything that I'm feeling, and it's humbling to think about what the writer of this hymn went through compared to me. Google it.

It is well,
With my soul,
It is well, it is well
With my soul!!!

 



A verse to share...The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen. I Timothy 4:18


A few plans for the week... a dentist appointment for Lukas and nothing out of the ordinary until our weekend trip to Coshocton to hang out with my parents and semi-camp.

A picture thought...

Ava rides on TWO wheels!!! Lukas was a big help too!

No comments:

Post a Comment