05 December 2006

Christmas Celebrations

We have already started celebrating Christmas at our house.  This will be our fourth year of counting down the days of Christmas with special activities, stories, movies, and other fun events.  The kids enjoy it so much, and so do we!  We started the other night by making a paper chain to count down the days until Christmas.  Tonight, we're having a family movie night "with all the lights off and popcorn so that it's just like a movie theater"(these details are at Lukas' request).  We'll be watching Rudolph, my personal favorite Christmas cartoon.  I know it has nothing to do with the Christmas story, but it has some good lessons, and it's fun!

Our Christmas tree has been decorated for over a week, but with the stomach bug in the house last week, getting the pictures posted didn't quite make the priority list.  We have other decorations around the house too, but I thought you'd enjoy seeing pictures of the kids goofing around more than a house full of decor.  Maybe I'll share those photos another time!

Click HERE to see the smilebox of our festivities.

My Christmas shopping is almost finished.  I have a few stocking stuffers to buy for the kiddos, and two things to pick up for the family gift exchange.  It feels so good to know that I will not be traipsing through the malls during the mad rush this month looking for the perfect gift.

Although, I do have to go shoe shopping soon.  In fact, I probably should have gone sooner than now.  I need shoes to go with my beautiful dress that I'm wearing for Cassie's wedding.  Shoes are never an easy find for me.  I want them to be comfortable and re-usable.  Not too high of a heel, but they have to be dressy to go with the dress.  And...here's the clincher...I need a 10 and a half.  An almost impossible find.  Ugh.  I guess I might be traipsing through the malls afterall!

Oh...our annual Christmas photo session was just as frustrating as every other year.  When Ava was a baby, we couldn't get her to stay in one place.  Last year, she kept jumping out of the seat every time I snapped the photo.  This year, she thought it was hilarious to throw her arms up into the air, make grumpy faces, or turn her back to us.  The fact that we got several great shots and had to actually choose between 3 photos for the Christmas cards is utterly amazing to me.  Can't wait to take Ava for her 3 year old photo session.  I'm sure that's going to be a joyful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment