28 February 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #81

Outside my window...as Winnie the Pooh would say, it's a blustery day.

I am thinking...about decorating the new house.
 
I am thankful for... a very hard working husband.
 
I am wearing...brown yoga pants, aqua t-shirt.
 
I am remembering...lazy summer days.

I am creating...a household filled with grace.

I am going... to somehow manage to pack and clean this entire house while continuing to babysit and educate my children in the next 4.5 weeks.

I am reading...blogs.
 
I am hoping... to feel WELL very, very soon!
 
On my mind... the best way to support my husband.

From the learning rooms... finishing Samuel(appropriately and accidentally timed right before a Bible quiz meet), Ruth, Greek mythology and lessons in obedience.

Noticing that... I have laid-back kids.
 
From the kitchen... crock-pot red beans and rice tonight. Last night we had whole wheat calzones and THESE TRIPLE LAYER PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES. I made a real ganache using cream instead of cool-whip like the recipe calls for.

Around the house...a freshly mopped floor makes me happy.

One of my favorite things... blogging.
 
Praying for...a healthy family. One of us has been sick non-stop since I started babysitting 5 or 6 weeks ago.
A verse to share..."Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess." Deuteronomy 5:33

A lyric or two...

Draw me close to you,
Never let me go,
I lay it all down again,
To hear you say that I'm your friend.
You are my desire,
Nothing else will do.
'Cause no one else can take your place,
To feel the warmth of your embrace.
Help me find a way,
Bring me back to you.
You're all I want!
You're all I've ever needed!
You're all I want!
Help me know you are near.



A few plans for this week...dance, piano, packing, sub sale, Bible quiz meet, and children's choir rehearsal.

A picture thought...
Lukas took this on his camera. I love that Ava is striking a pose for him.

If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment