I am learning to be more candid in my blog posts. I tend to be somewhat private when it comes to my personal life, but I believe that, when we go through something hard, the Lord intends for us to use that experience in some way for the good of others. That is what brings me to this post.
I almost lost my marriage. That's right. We're a Christian, homeschooling, ministry-focused family, and we almost lost one of God's most precious gifts. It was several years ago, so those of you who know me well know the time period I'm talking about. It was my fault as much as it was my husband's fault, and I won't burden you with all the gory details. I'll just say that we dug a very deep trench for ourselves and digging out of that trench took a lot of hard work and dedication to the institution of marriage and to each other.
During that time, we attended marriage retreats (which we would do again in a heartbeat because whether or not your marriage is in jeopardy, marriage retreats ROCK!), we saw four different counselors in three different states, I read books (my husband isn't much of a reader), we prayed, we cried, we talked, we yelled, we searched and begged God for an answer to our problems. It was the most challenging season of our life. I'm glad to say that we've come out on the other side of it stronger, more secure in our marriage and ready to tackle several more decades of life together. I can't imagine my life without Eric.
I think that if Eric and I had used all the right tools from the beginning of our marriage, our situation would have been much different. If we had attended retreats, read books, prayed and read the Word together and worked to connect each day, we wouldn't have headed down that almost fatal road for our marriage. Don't you agree? Marriage is worth the time it takes to make it work.
Eternal Encouragement's Marriage Bundle, To Have and to Hold, is a fantastic tool to help you and your spouse put that time into your marriage whether you are in a season of trouble like we once were or a season of joy. It is phenomenal. When I began opening the many files that come with this bundle, I was flabbergasted at the amount of information included in this packet. I can't even imagine the amount of time that went into creating this. As I read through the material, I found myself laughing, crying and, more than anything, challenged to do things better in my own marriage.
Included in this downloadable bundle is the following:
- 5R's Session 2 - Rekindle
- One Life to Live, One Man to Love
- Loving Your Knight in Shining Armor Even When He Doesn't Shine
- Roadmap to a Marvelous Marriage
- Marriage Tidbits to Treasure
- Quotes Not Quibbles
- Marriage Report
- 31 Daily Biblical Prayers for Wives to Pray for Their Husbands
- Encouragement Report
- Don't Settle
- What God Says about Marriage
- 75 Inexpensive Romantic Rut Cures
- It Happened One Afternoon
- Magazine Back Issues
- 2001 Summer Issue TEACH Magazine "Loving Your Husband"
- 2009 Spring Issue TEACH Magazine "Marriages Made Marvelous"
All of this delivered to your inbox for only $39.97!!! Want it delivered to your mailbox instead? You can get it shipped to you for only $49.97. There is so much material here. You couldn't possibly find this much great advice on marriage anywhere else for such an affordable price. While the contents are listed above, even that doesn't give you the full idea of what you're getting.
- It Happened One Afternoon is a beautiful story of a married couple in post World War II America. I was captivated by the short story and in tears by the end.
- 75 Inexpensive Romantic Rut Cures offers simple, everyday ideas to spice things up in your marriage, and most of them cost nothing at all!
- I'm working through 31 Biblical Prayers for Wives to Pray for their Husbands with fervor. We all need to be reminded to pray for our men from time to time, and this is a great tool to remind us how our husbands need to be prayed for. It offers a different focus for each day of the month.
- Don't Settle was another short story that I enjoyed so much, and it was filled with so much wisdom and truth.
- Quotes not Quibbles contains 72 pages of material to encourage you in your marriage!
- What God Says About Marriage is filled with several pages of Bible verses all about marriage. What a great way to begin doing a Bible study with your spouse!
I'm still just giving you a snippet of what you'll get when you purchase this bundle. As I said, I'm flabbergasted at the amount of material that is included for this price. It is so very worth it. Your husband is worth it. Your kids are worth it. Your marriage is worth. YOU are worth it!
To purchase this product go to www.eternalencouragement.com. Check out all the products available in their store. Peruse their site to find so much more while you're there. I have to say that Eternal Encouragment is my favorite new website of the year so far. I think you'll be encouraged by what you find there as well!
Disclaimer: I received this product for honest review as part of the Gabby Moms program. I was not compensated for this post.