17 May 2011

Noteworthy Scribblings

I've been ignoring my house for the most part today including school (which we will get to soon). I'm fighting a cold (I know. Whine, whine). While ignoring everything, my 7 year old daughter produced this on her own. Since my blog seems to have taken a hit lately because of our busy schedule, and I'm ignoring responsibilities anyway, I figured I should post it and show off her skills. I'm so proud of her crazy spelling and the fact that she knows all of the fruits of the Spirit!

The froot of the sperit is not a cockunute.
If you wut too be a cockunute you mite-es well here it.
Cuss the froot of the serit is 
love
joy
pess
pashinshins
kindnis
goodnis
kindnis (she hit that one 2x and missed faithfulness. I'm okay with that.)
gentlniss
self kenchrll.

The actual song goes like this (in case some of those spellings were a little too crazy to follow for those of you who don't know the song:
The fruit of the Spirit's not a coconut (repeat).
If you want to be a coconut, you might as well hear it,
You can't be a fruit of the Spirit (she left a couple lines out).
'Cuz the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Didn't she do pretty well? I realize some 1st graders are more advanced than this, but this is showing great strides for my Ava. She's really blossoming right now, and I'm so proud of how much she has learned this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment