17 May 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook #89

Outside my window...The weather has taken a turn that I don't care for. 50 degrees and rain in mid-May is simply unacceptable. ;)

I am thinking...that I will have more time to offer my blog soon and that I do not like my current blog background. Change is coming!
 
I am thankful for... little things that make me smile, like a free metronome application on my phone.
 
I am wearing...yellow pajamas.
 
I am remembering...lazy summer days.

I am creating...summer schooling plans.

I am going... to enjoy my children's upcoming recitals in spite of the fact that we're all feeling like we just need to survive the next 2 1/2 weeks.

I am reading...The Silver Chair.
 
I am hoping... that we all feel well ASAP.
 
On my mind... helping my family get and stay healthy.

From the learning rooms... long division, subtraction by 8, Wee Gillis, The Silver Chair, and art.

Noticing that...I'm really going to miss not living as close to my mother-in-law as I did for the past 5 years.
 
From the kitchen...crockpot chicken curry with quinoa pilaf (because it was quicker than rice). DELICIOUS and super easy!

Around the house...my tomatoes, herbs and flowers need to be planted this week.

One of my favorite things... watching Ava dance.
 
Praying for...the family cold/sore throat to go away.
 
A verse to share...I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I hope. Psalm 130:5
 
A song to share...

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use


This week's video won't let me embed it in my blog, but you can go to this link and give it a listen. I LOVE this song, and I love Francesca Battistelli!!!

THIS IS THE STUFF

A few plans for this week... more cleaning and organizing, school, chemo for Mom and a weekend at home!

If you enjoy dwelling on the simple things in life and want to participate in this, CLICK HERE to read all about it and join us! Leave me a comment so I know to check out your blog to see your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment