13 March 2013

The Sacrifice of Thanksgiving

"Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor Me."

Psalm 50:14-15

This is the verse which the Lord gave me today for meditation. I was so struck by it and what it meant to truly thank God for the hard stuff, the stuff you would rather not experience, the stuff that leaves scars...

the stuff that forces you to grow.


171. God-ordained quiet moments when He gives me exactly what my impatient, selfish heart needs rather than what I think I want.
 
204. Allowing the warm tears to drip off my cheeks after a brief stop at Mama and Daddy's very empty house.

310. Oh that I had never felt this deep sadness, I might not recognize true happiness when it comes my way.

313. Divine privilege of time spent with Mama...doctors appointments, hospital rooms, Saturday afternoons chatting and napping, cooking, serving, lunches with just the two of us.

314. Divine privilege of mourning with Daddy...two hard weeks spent with the first man I loved.

315. Daddy sitting beside me in one of my darkest hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment