09 February 2015

Ministry Moments

I am the parson's wife. That always makes me smile. Half the time, I call my dear husband, Parson. I love it. It's making me smile right now!

We are part of a small, developing church. The people with whom God gave us the privilege to share fellowship are incredible. I love them. Yesterday, my daughter noticed that one of the older gentlemen wasn't at church. When she asked us about it, and we told her that he had moved (she new this, but she hadn't put 2 + 2 together yet)
and was probably going to be attending closer to his new home (seriously, 89 year old men don't drive 30 minutes to go to church), she nearly cried. In our short seven months here at Fargo Wesleyan, our whole family has come to love this congregation of believers. I think be trying to have this fellow over for dinner soon because our girl is very, very sad (as are we!).

Because of the current size of our church, I teach a very small Sunday School class with two little boys, one of whom was at home yesterday due to sickness. Sunday School with only a 2 year old is a very different experience. We sang some fun songs and did cool motions (when your only critic is 2 years old, any motions are cool), and we played with matchbox cars on the slide and talked about Jesus. I was thinking about my teaching philosophy, that pre-schoolers learn best through play, and I decided to not try to make this little guy fit into the Sunday School mold. We had a blast together. It's been too long since I got to make the engine of a matchbox car roar!

I'm doing a Bible study right now that is currently focused on finding communion within the local church. I value this highly, and I am glad to have been a part of several incredible congregations. Community looks a little different in each one, but it's there if you look for it.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! The "Parson" appreciates all you do and for working so hard to create community in our church! You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete